MODEL DRAFT OF SIMPLE WILL
LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF ________________________
I, _____________________, aged about ___ years, resident of __________ _______________________________________________________________ do hereby declare that this is my Last Will and Testament.
Prior to execution of this Will, I have not made any Will or Codicil and if there be any such Will or Codicil, I hereby revoke the same and declare this to be my last Will and Testament.
My family comprises of myself, (Names of Family Members and Relationships) ______________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________.___________________
With a view to make proper arrangements for the distribution for my properties upon my death, I am desirous of making this Will and Testament as under:
(1) I appoint ________________ and __________________ to be the Executors of my Will. My Executors shall upon my death, administer my estate and effect the bequests and distributions out of my estate as directed hereinafter.
(2) I direct that my Executors shall first pay all my debts and liabilities out of my estate. All expenses in relation to my funeral and other obsequial ceremonies may also be made as may be considered reasonable by my Executor out of my estate.
(3) (If required) During my life time, I have already made adequate provisions for __________________ and hence I have not made any separate provisions for them under this Will.
(4) I hereby bequeath and devise all my right, title and interest (description of immovable property) to (Names of Beneficiaries to whom bequests made) _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
(5) I hereby bequeath and devise all my rights, title and interest (description of movable properties) to (Names of Beneficiaries to whom bequests made) _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
(6) After the aforesaid execution, the entire residue of my estate including _______________________________________ etc. shall stand bequeathed to (Names of Beneficiaries to whom bequests made) _________________________________________________________.
I am a person of sound mind and not affected in any manner by any legal disability while making this Will. I have made and executed this Will of my own accord and sweet will without any dictate, pressure, coercion or influence. I have made this Will after fully understanding the true purport, legal meaning and effect thereof.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hands on this ______ day of ____________, 200__ at _____________.
(Signature of the Testator)
Signed by the above named Testator as his/her last Will in the presence of us, present at the same time, who in his/her presence and in the presence of each other subscribe our names as witnesses.
(1) _________________________ ____________________
(2) __________________________ ____________________
You must be logged in to post a comment.